Sunday, August 23, 2009

Well Fed

Sometimes I am totally amazed at the sheer volume of awesomeness God can pack into a short women’s conference. This weekend is no exception and my cup runneth over and my appetite is satiated.

Friday night I got to pick up my friend Lynn and head off to Sevier Heights Baptist Church for the Fresh Grounded Faith Conference. I was super excited for the fellowship time with Lynn and equally excited for the speakers who were at the conference. The anticipation was great as we arrived seeing all the women from east Tennessee arriving knowing God had great things in store for us. From the moment we walked in I knew He was there to meet me, and feed me, and love me in this place.

I received so many meaningful and profound nuggets Friday and Saturday I find it challenging to truly give them each the time and thought they deserve. I expect as I take the time to meditate over the lessons I learned, pray over the meaning He wants me to pull from the experience, and grow in spirit through this conference I will find I have a lot of things to write about. But for now I will bask in His glory, receive His love and rest.

Mathew 11: 28-30 Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly. (The Message)

Lynn and I before praise and worship began. Isn't she cute!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I need and want to go to one of these, they always make me so happy after! I am glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed it! Those are so powerful. =0)

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete