Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ephesians 4:1-Worthy Calling

After I wanted to be a blogger, but before I began this one, God met me at a women’s weekend event. It was at this meeting I was given confirmation of some changes He wanted me to make in my life. He also whispered to me the name of this blog.
I had looked forward to the Esther Experience for months and had even wanted to go the previous year, but the location had been prohibitive. The only two things I was sure of: the theme “Called to Be Free,” and that He wanted me to be at this event. So I went with no expectations and an open mind and heart.
Although the event was only two days at the end of April, God gave me so much of Himself that weekend. The personal growth, revelation, release, insight, and answer I received were both overwhelming and freeing at the same time. I found my life touched through verse, prayer, meals with my sisters in Christ, praise and worship, and quiet moments. It was during one of these quiet moments God told me “Ephesians 4, no more, no less. This is what I have for you.”
I have spent much time in this chapter in the time since, thirsting for all he has to give me. And I am certain I have grown and heard more of what He wants me to hear. But I also know He is calling me for more regarding this chapter.
Ephesians 4:1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.
As He has called me with this chapter for my own growth, He has also called me, as Paul urged the church in Ephesus, to share it. I hope my life, such as it is, is found worthy of the calling I have received…to grow, share, learn, teach, counsel, love.
I pray the Lord find my words pleasing, valuable, worthy of the calling He has given me for now. I also pray you listen to hear His sweet voice when He calls you too.

1 comment: